[SEDXC] Station Improvements

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Tue Jan 4 17:50:35 EST 2005

Outside has remained unchanged, except for throwing a wire in a trench a
landscaper was digging on the property and in the process adding 1 radial to
"antenna three."  Outside:
Ant 1:  88 foot sloping dipole, fed with 300 ohm line to the ground, then
through a balun to 50 ohm coax.
Ant 2:  Fan inverted vee with wires for 40 and 20.  Works fine on 15.
Ant 3:  Ant 1 with the feeders shorted, fed against radials.  Essentially a
heavily top loaded vertical.  Okay on 160.  Works nice on 30 meters as well.

Inside I have added a second Acom 2000A, two new high speed computers and
17" LCD monitors, and I'm in the process of finishing a 6 band QRO automatic
(band decoder driven) antenna matching system to allow ant 1/3 to look like
50 ohms all the time without the use of the manual antenna tuner I've been
using.

Added DX Atlas software as well as TClock.  Nice programs.

Inside:

2 X FT-1000MP, Inrad filters, all the contest mods.
2 X ACOM2000A
Alpha 99 as backup
Writelog 10.52
2 X Dunestar 600 BPFs
2 X W9XT band decoders
Home brew SO2R switching gear - with NCJ override foot switch mod (the cats
meow)
Home brew WB4VVF accu-keyers

Its coming along.  To-do list is finally getting shorter.

Hal
N4GG