[SEDXC] Bill Moore, K4JBY

John Harden, D.M.D. jhdmd at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 30 07:34:05 EST 2005

Dear all,

I regret to tell you that William D. Moore, K4JBY, age 62, passed away
yesterday as a sequelae of cancer chemotherapy. Bill was an avid DXer,
and a friend of mine since 1959 when we were teenage DXers. We started
college together in the fall of 1961 at North GA College, and have
always been
close friends. We are both US Army veterans as a result of our tenure
there.

I cannot tell you how many times I climbed his tower and erected his
antennas. Naturally he reciprocated and helped me on my own tower from
the ground. I will miss him very much.

I will be speaking at his memorial service on Friday at 11:00 am at
Mayes Ward-Dobbins Funeral Home just off the square in Marietta, GA. It
is located on Church Street 2 blocks North of the town square.

Please remember his wife Carol in your prayers. He leaves also a brother
Mike (K4YDN) in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. In the late 1950's they ran a
Viking 500, NC-300 & a Hy-Gain Tribander on a 40 foot crank-up tower. I
used to envy their rig!!

73,

John, W4NU
Atlanta