[SEDXC] For Sale - Mark V

Don Nesbitt drnesbitt at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 2 20:58:47 EDT 2005

Yes, it’s that time again when I sell my latest Mark V and continue my
endless journey down the “let’s play with all the rigs on the market –
sometimes more than once” highway!  So here it is:

Sell: Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V 200 Watt Version Loaded with Filters
In Pristine Condition, always in a non-smoking environment and includes
everything that comes with a new one.  Stuff such as:

Original Cartons, Manual, etc.
Small Plastic Bag with Various Plugs
Yaesu FP-29 Power Supply
Yaesu Hand Microphone – MH-31B8

The Serial Number is “4i640039”.  Now, according to the “Yaesu Serial Number
Secret Code” this transceiver was built in July 2004.  Just as a benchmark,
I noted at HRO the other day that they are now selling 200 Watt Mark V’s
with serial numbers starting with “4k”  that means that they were built in
September, 2004 - a scant 2 months later than this one!

While handsomely outfitted for competition, it has been only casually used !
  Note:  I really do have crappy antennas!

This Mark V has the following filters installed - listed with HRO prices
shown:

YF-114CN 8.215 MHz IF 250 Hz CW (Cost) $149.95
YF-110CN 455 kHz IF 250 Hz CW (Cost) $154.95
YF-114SN 8.215 MHz IF 2.0 kHz SSB (Cost) $149.95
YF-110SN 455 kHz IF 2.0 kHz SSB (Cost) $149.95
YF-115C    455 kHz IF 450 Hz CW (Cost) $159.95
INRAD 705C 455 kHz  500 Hz CW (Cost) $125 (price from INRAD)

Filter total cost:  $889.75 not including tax.  All filters include original
boxes.

NO MODIFICATIONS HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED ON THIS RADIO – just the filters
plugged in.  NO PHOTOS have been posted – hey, it looks just like every
other new Mark V!

THE DEAL:  I am making it available first to SEDXC members and if need be,
will list it later on eham, qth and qrz.  Here’s the deal:  for a CURRENT
DUES PAYING SEDXC member (or one who will pay their current dues), the price
is $1650 without the filters and $1950 with all filters.  I really don’t
want to ship the rig but if shipping is required, it will be in the original
box and at the expense of the buyer.  NO, I am not a philanthropist; I just
believe that there ought to be some perks for fellow DUES PAYING club
members.  ‘Course, you could always pay HRO $2149 plus tax – plus $889.75
plus tax – a whopping $3038.75 - plus tax on all that - if you really wanted
to!

Hey, pay your dues, save some money!

If it goes to eham, qth, etc., the price will be $1850 absolutely firm
without filters and $2250 absolutely firm with filters (still a bargain) –
shipping will be extra.

All questions cheerfully answered.  The best way to get in touch with me is
via telephone at:  404.218.3595 Cellular (quick), 404.875.0746 Home
(slower).  73 es gud dxing – Don N4HH