[SEDXC] Wooded area ant inst help

Frank T Brady franktbrady at comcast.net
Wed Dec 6 18:57:08 EST 2006

Greetings
I relocated to Woodstock GA from Indy in Nov.  I'm hoping to get
acquainted with (preferably local) ham(s) with experience putting
antennas into high trees in densely wooded areas.  I've used a sling
shot, considerable planning, and a few days effort to get an
approximately 100 foot line from my 3rd floor apt balcony to the
vicinity of the most convenient large tree in the woods behind my apt
bldg.  I also got a line over one of the branches on that tree.  I'm now
taking a breather.

This project is only to test:
     1) Whether or not a woods wire reduces the awful interference from
lans etc in my bldg that I'm picking up on my (extremely stealthy) attic
fan dipole.
    2)  How well I can operate on 80m (and 160 if possible).
    3)  Verify that my stealth cover story is successful (see below)

When/if the experiment confirms my hopes, I would like to discuss
methods and options with someone first over the land line and then
eyeball if acceptable.

My cover for the stealth woods antenna (which I've already had to use
with a neighbor who wondered why I was in the woods), is that I'm
putting up a bird house so my wife and I can photograph the spring
tenants of the birdhouse.  If necessary, I also plan to say the line
going from my balcony is to precisely position the bird house in case
spring foliage begins to obscure the viewing window.

Looking forward to meeting adventurous local(s).

Frank W0ECS
age 69, 5'8",130#, still spry and active tennis player.