[SEDXC] Club support for DXpeditions

NN4ZZ Mail al at nn4zz.com
Fri Dec 22 10:23:53 EST 2006

Wes & Dave,
Most of us agree that we need to revisit and probably revise our bylaws in this regard.  (if nothing else, we need to adjust for inflation)  This has come up at meetings over the last year and is an area of contention.  Since we have often over-ruled our rules, I think it needs to be addressed.  Jim and Harry have agreed to review the bylaws and bring recommendations to the members.  There are other areas in the bylaws that need revision as well so that is one reason it's taking a few months.  I hope they can have a recommendation for us by the February meeting.

My suggestion is to continue to offer your ideas to Jim and Harry directly or via the reflector.   Like you Dave, I agree it need to be considered carefully before we change anything.

Here is one idea I sent to Jim and Harry to consider.
- adjust the current scale for inflation
- add some additional lower level contributions
- consider club member participation in setting the amounts
- a possible scale is listed below.
- the values are meant to be MAXIMUMs and we could certainly vote less on a specific Dxpedition.
- the values are just suggestions to demonstrate the expanded scale and the actual values we adopt could be less

$1,000 -- Top 10 with a club member on the team  (note,  we contributed $2,000 to PeterOne)
$750 -- Top 10
$500 -- Top 25 with a club member on the team
$400 -- Top 25
$300 -- Top 50 with a club member on the team
$250 -- Top 50
$150 -- Top 75 with a club member on the team
$100 -- Top 75

Thanks...Al