[SEDXC] New Call Sign

JT Croteau jt.w6fo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:52:58 EST 2006

G'Day Gents

It's me, the official club reflector spammer again.

I am thinking of changing to a 4-land call again.  I'd hate to loose
my 1x2 but there just aren't any 1x2's or 2x1's available here and I
don't feel like hunting down SK's to find one like I had to do for my
current call, W6FO.  Therefore I am thinking of going with a 2x2 call.

I think I've narrowed down my choices to a few:

WS4DX
WB4AM
WC4AM
WW4AM

I'd like to stick with a 'W' prefix to conform to the old broadcasting
formats of 'K' west of the Mississippi and 'W' East of the
Mississippi.  You can probably figure out why I picked out the 'DX'
suffix and 'AM' is because I really like the sound of a properly
formed AM signal and like the glow of the old tubes.

I'd love to hear opinions on chosing a new call, my main interest in
radio at the present time is chasing DX on phone with light CW so I am
also trying to find one that rolls off the tongue easily.  foxtrot
oscar or fox ocean can be a mouthful compared to some of the others.

Thanks guys

73
JT, W6FO