[SEDXC] DX Window on 75 Meters...

Keith LaBorde - K4KAL k4kal at arrl.net
Thu Feb 23 20:21:37 EST 2006

Guys,

I am tuning around on 75 Meters tonight, and came across a bunch of guys in the US on 3.796.0
Calling CQ DX "and Company" attempting to work some DX Stations.
In the process, they had a round table, and some other guys on 75 Meters broke into there QSO and ran them off.
While they were calling CQ DX, they worked a number of Canadian stations, and went around the group like a list operation.

Now with that said...

On 3.795.0 there is a number of DX Stations doing the same exact thing...
Calling CQ for North America, and they are hanging out in the DX Window doing the same as the guys in the US on 3.796.0
So when the US station calls, he gets to work all the DX Stations on that frequency, and then one of the DX Stations calls CQ again.

Can someone explain to me the DX Window on 75 Meters?
I have a Icom Band plan, and it shows 3.775.0 to 3.850.0 but it sure does not look like it is that big...

What I find interesting we have 3.750 to 4.000 of bandwidth, and the people trying to work
DX are all shrunk into a few Kc's, where all the other bandwidth is used up by guys rag.
If you call CQ DX, lets say on 3.810.0, someone will come chew you out and tell you to go to the DX Window.
Go Figure...

This looks to be a very difficult band to work DX in.
I assume that since the conditions are as such where 20M, and other frequencies are dead...
All the DXers, are squeezed on 75 meters trying to have fun..

I would like to hear your opinions...
Just tuning around it's very aggravating...

Oh by the way, the guys in the US that got ran off, went to CW and gave the guy playing policeman a few choice words.

Keith, K4KAL