[SEDXC] Montenegro comments

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 27 21:18:00 EDT 2006

Seems like YU6AO took a lot of the steam out of the 4O3T operation.  I
listened to the YZ1 operating YU6AO and there are multiple ops.  YU6DZ has
also been on HF plus 6.

Even with my beams down a roof level I have worked YU6AO on 40, 20, and 17.
I have worked 4O3T on 40, 20, 17, and 15.  I missed the two nights he was on
75 (static one night was 9+20 even on the K9AY loop.

I also missed the several times they showed up on 12 and 10.  I did hear
K4PI work the YU6AO on 10 CW
(AO was 449 peak here and Jim K4DLI said he was 529 there).  The surprise is
the good openings late in the day on 15, 12, and 10.  Most propagation
programs tend to show 1200 Z is the optimum time
not 2200Z.

As LA5HE said on DX Summit to someone who said 4O3T was loud, "Remember its
just Yugoslavia (ex)".

73 Dave K4JRB