[SEDXC] GQP - April 8 and 9

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Mon Mar 27 18:23:41 EST 2006

The members of the SECC and SEDXC have really come through on plaque
sponsorship for this years GQP. We have 10 new plaque sponsors and 5
sponsors who have come through again to sponsor their plaque for this year.

Please  look at the 'new face' Mike/NE4S has given the GQP web site
at http://gqp.contesting.com/rules.htm   The new colors and format
really look very good.

I am sponsoring the Mixed - GA Low Power plaque. However if there is
anyone interested in sponsoring this plaque, let me know and I will
choose something else.

Ironically, we have no sponsors yet for the CW category for Georgia
plaques? It would really be nice to be able to provide some (all) of
our home state hams the opportunity to win a plaque for this year in
that category.

To sponsor a plaque, just send me an email to  w4bqf at arrl.net   The
cost for plaque sponsorship is $40.00 each. This includes the cost of
production and the cost of shipping the plaque to its winner. For
each plaque that you sponsor, your call sign will be on the plaque as
it's sponsor.

Below is listed the GQP's three categories and the class for each
category. Feel free to choose any class that is now listed as 'Certificate'.

A BIG thanks to the Georgia hams who have already volunteered to
sponsor a plaque for this years GQP.

Current as of 6pm EST March 27, 2006

Category			Sponsor			Confirmed

GA High Power 		 Columbus ARC		YES
GA Low Power 		 W4BQF			YES
GA QRP 			 Tennessee Contest Group
GA Rover Single-Op 		 K4VGI Memorial by K4BAI	YES
GA Rover Multi-Op		 K4OGG			YES
Top Club Score- Outside GA       K4PIC			YES
US/VE High Power 		 W4TE			YES
US/VE Low Power 		 K4BAI			YES
US/VE QRP 		 Certificate
Top Club Score- Georgia	 K4PIC			YES
DX High Power		 K4YE Memorial by K4ZMV
DX Low Power 		 SouthEastern DX Club
DX QRP 			 KO4RR/N4WV		YES

Plaque Sponsors for CW Mode

Category in CW Mode	Sponsor			Confirmed

GA High Power 		Certificate
GA Low Power 		Certificate
GA QRP			Certificate
GA Rover Single-Op		Certificate
GA Rover Multi-Op		Certificate
Top Club Score- Outside GA	Certificate
US/VE High Power		N4GG			YES
US/VE Low Power 		KU8E			YES
US/VE QRP		AA4Z			YES
Top Club Score- Georgia	Certificate
DX High Power 		WF4W			YES
DX Low Power		K4PIC			YES
DX QRP			N4HH			YES

Plaque Sponsors for PH Mode

Category in PH mode	 Sponsor			Confirmed

GA High Power		Certificate
GA Low Power		Certificate
GA QRP			Certificate
GA Rover Single-Op 		Certificate