[SEDXC] Question for the Antenna Gurus

JT Croteau jt.w6fo at gmail.com
Wed May 3 18:08:28 EDT 2006

Faced with no ideal trees on my lot for supporting a wire antenna, I'm
wondering what I could expect for performance if I am able to get a
88' doublet in the air at roughly 35'?  My primary interest is in
chasing DX currently and I'm not much of a stateside rag chewer
although I do tend to check into local phone nets on 75 and 40
occasionally.

I am thinking of building two 35' masts out of fiberglass tubing from
Max Gain Systems to support each end of the doublet.  MFJ push up
masts might be cheaper but I think building them with MGS tubes might
be stronger.

I know higher is better but I don't think I could safely get a wire up
in the air any higher than 35' at this QTH.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

73,
JT - W6FO - Canton, GA