[SEDXC] Romeo

James Streible k4dli at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 5 15:08:22 EDT 2006

I am sure many of you already know this but I just found it in the
January 2006 issue of the /The Halifax Amateur Radio Club/ newsletter
and thought I would pass it on. I had heard he was in the "Cooler" in
California but this is the first I have seen in print.

Jim  K4DLI

Scam Alert... re:controversial ham op: Roman Stepanenko Passed on by
Doug, VE1DFG

Known as Romeo , around the early 1990's came out of the blue to
activate sum of the rarest of the rare
dxcc countries his home call was UB5JRR frm the UKRAINE he also aquired
AH0M as a stateside call his
most famous/ controversial operations were: 3W3RR-Vietnam, 1S0RR-Spratly
Is, XY0RR-Burma,
and the infamous P5RS7-North Korea The North-Korea op. was widly
discredited, and it is certain to have
been from Asiatic Russia papers permits/visas/op permit were deemed to
be forged He dissapeared after the
North-Korean operation. In the spring of 2004 Roman VEGA (real name)
also known as: Roman Stepanenko,
and on internet as BOA as in constrictor! was charged in the U. S.
courts with: wire-fraud, aiding and
abetting, unauthorized access to devices with intent to de-fraud ... Etc
He had been found living in Cyprus
and operating a network of credit card scams, which led to illegal
activity netting millions of dollars. He
has been charged, extridited frm Cyprus, and is confined to a California
jail, bail was denied as he is a flight
risk. He is awaiting a trial due to start in coming months. A
precipitous fall from grace, don't be persuaded to
further contribute to his pockets, if appeals are launched. charges are
in United States district court, northern
dist. of California. See various internet sites for updates on future
trial events.