[SEDXC] Finally N8S on 20 SSB

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Apr 10 21:30:57 EDT 2007

On Apr 9, 2007, at 10:32 PM, David Thompson wrote:

> K3LP came up today as the op and just before 2000 the Long Path
> started
> kicking in.

2000z is LP?

I worked them on 20m CW direct just before 0000z on Saturday. 15/17m
seems to be the easiest band to work them on from this part of the
world, but 20m wasn't hard.

> Now I will have to get up 0900Z to work them on 80.  Good test of
> the West
> vertical dipole.

I called a bit the last couple of mornings on 80m, but haven't been
able to get through. I'm going to try tomorrow morning as well.

> A lot of the USA guys were complaining that they stopped working
> USA to run
> JA's while the band on 40 and 80/75 was open for us.

I've been studying the spots lately, and I'm shocked at the number of
people who whine about how the DX station is operating. Yeah, it's
sure frustrating when you can finally hear the DX and they are
working some other part of the world. But, what can you do? Whining
on the spotting network isn't going to help. Best to keep your wits
about you and wait it out, or figure out when there might be another
time to work them.

> Congrats to K4DLI for his 40 SSB contact!

Worked them Monday morning at 1019z on 40m SSB. I was totally
surprised, it only took a couple of calls.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901