[SEDXC] Bylaws comments 1st Class Mail Notification

Don Nesbitt drnesbitt at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 09:01:25 EDT 2007

Gary - according to the Constitution and Bylaws under which we CURRENTLY
operate, the vote taken at the meeting would have to be considered to be
"out of order" by the Chair and any such vote taken would be null and void.

In other words, the vote taken at the meeting violated the CURRENT
Constitution and Bylaws and should not count!

Why not?  Because it would change Article VII of the CURRENT Constitution
AND to change that, you have to notify the membership by "First Class mail"
(NOT email) and that was NOT done.

I really don't want to be the bad guy in this - but - if our intention is to
do this "once every 25 year" overhaul, then maybe we ought to do it
according to our rules - otherwise, why bother anguishing over this if we
are just going to disregard the Constitution and Bylaws when it becomes
convenient or a pain in the butt to do what it is required?  73 -- Don N4HH