[SEDXC] Remarkable DVD

Ed Tanton n4xy at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 21 19:27:52 EDT 2007

I was contacted several weeks ago by someone offering me a large
collection of Datasheet PDFs. Free. It arrived mid-week last week,
and is remarkable. It is 1.46 GB on a DVD of various electronic PDFs
and datasheets, catalogs, etc. etc.

I plan to place-eventually-whatever I think would be the most useful
of all this onto my website. Many of the components are related to
the gaming industry, but good old 2N3904s are there, as are 2N7000s.
There is even a sheet on 1N34-1N60s. But just now, looking for it
took me a good 5 minutes. It's a LOT of data.

Most of these datasheets are from the past 10 years, so the
historical stuff is somewhat limited. Still, if you cannot find a
datasheet anywhere else-and you HAVE looked pretty hard, send me an
email. I cannot promise speed, but I'll do the best I can.

Anyone LOCALLY who would like to copy this disk may borrow it
BRIEFLY. Keep in mind it's a DVD. WIN XP's Explorer has no trouble at
all reading it-what you need to copy it I'm not even going to guess.
I believe I have 2 programs that will do the job.

To give you an idea of the quantity of these files, I tried to do a
simple capture from the Files Listing, and paste it as text into a
message similar to this one earlier this week. I emailed it to the
two addresses listed for THIS email. Neither one made it. I knew it
(just the folders/files listing in plain text) was probably LARGE,
but I didn't realize HOW large until today when I did get a complete
listing, copied it to my Clipboard, and printed it as a PDF. It is 9
pages long!!! I'll be happy to send that PDF to anyone who asks.

Surely MANY of these files ARE available easily enough on the
Internet-somewhere. But just as surely, some probably aren't. Sorting
these out is not going to be a small task, but in the meantime, if
you cannot find some device, let me know, and I'll see. I asked, and
my benefactor said he preferred to remain anonymous: "Just say
donated by a Southeastern CT Ham".

73  Ed Tanton N4XY <n4xy at earthlink.net>

Ed Tanton N4XY
189 Pioneer Trail