[SEDXC] Scarborough Reef

n4xp at juno.com n4xp at juno.com
Wed Apr 25 07:55:32 EDT 2007

The 2007 Dxpedition to Scarborough Reef is pleased to announce they have
departed on their ship for Scarborough Reef at 06:00 UTC 25 April.  The
trip is approximately 60 hours and upon arrival they will immediately
build their stations and erect antennas.

This is the culmination of 5 years of planning and preparation.  The
International Team led by W6RGG includes 9V1YC, BA1HAM, BA1RB, BA4RF,
BA4RC, BA7NQ, BV6HJ, DU1EV, DU1BA, ND2T,AA4NN, K4UJ,N6MZ,K9AJ, OH2BH,
I8NHJ, and DL3MBG.

They are backed up by a support staff including N4XP, N1DG, K5YY, BV4FH
and DU1JMG to insure that they are safe and informed of events happening
off island.

We wish to thank the Chinese Sport Radio Association, the Philippine
Amateur Radio Association, the American Radio Relay League, NCDXF and
INDEXA whose support was invaluable in bringing this operation about.

Scarborough Reef has unique and dangerous attributes and as such we will
not have online logs or pilots.  All efforts are on keeping our team safe
so they can provide a new one to as many hams as possible.

Good luck in the pileups, see www.scarboroughreef.com for updates as they
occur.

N4XP and N1DG for the 2007 Scarborough Reef Expedition