[SEDXC] Yemen (Work First Worry Later)

BLamboley at aol.com BLamboley at aol.com
Thu Aug 9 21:57:22 EDT 2007

Hi Guys,

I am forwarding this information from one of the 3B7C guys.  Sorry, it did
not get through the first time.

Best,

Wes

Apologies that this note is off subject, but since Yemen is now Most
Wanted Country number 2 (above it were BS7H, VU7 and P5) I thought
3B7C DXpeditioners would be interested in this news:

Chris Lorek, G4HCL, has authorised me to inform everyone that he plans
to be active from Sana, Yemen, once again as 7O/G4HCL from Monday 13
August until early on Wednesday 15 August. Chris has written
permission and official authority to operate on all HF amateur bands
under supervised conditions, but warns that it may or may not be
possible to obtain the specific documentation that satisfies DXCC
requirements. WFWL! This is NOT A DXpedition but a business trip, and
operation will therefore only be when possible and is only likely to
be for short periods at a time. Chris will be using 1kW to a
professional biconical monopole communications antenna. Activity will
be SSB only, and probably only on 20m (look between 14170 and
14260kHz). QSL information for this operation is direct only to G4HCL,
PO Box 400, Eastleigh SO53 4ZF, UK.

If Chris is able to get on the air for extended periods, this should
certainly liven up the bands a little as a prelude to our operation!

73,
Steve, 9M6DXX