[SEDXC] W4OZK Candidate for ARRL SE Division Directo

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 29 20:19:43 EDT 2007

Hello all:  This should be the biographical information on W4OZK, the
ARRL SM for AL, who is a candidate to succeed W4RH as ARRL SE Division
Director.  It apparently wasn't sent out with the previous message.
This is for information and not an indorsement, however W4NTI does
endorse him.  73, John, K4BAI.

Dear Amateur Radio Operator:

As you may or may not know, Frank Butler, W4RH, is retiring after 27
years at the end of 2007 as the ARRL Southeastern Division Director.
Frank has done an excellent job as Director and, while we will miss him
and his leadership, I have a strong desire to serve the Southeastern
Region in this capacity.

I have served as ARRL Section Manager for nearly 4 years, which has
given me the opportunity to meet and work with many of you. My time with
ARRL has been very rewarding in a number of ways. Foremost it has
allowed me to build relationships and gain valuable experience working
with ARRL headquarters, emergency communications, DXing, VHF/UHF, public
service, education, contesting, hamfests, clubs, operating events, youth
membership and digital operations.

As the ARRL Southeastern Division Director, I will represent the entire
Southeastern Division. In this capacity, I plan to promote all facets of
our great hobby, incorporating both older and newer technologies, DX,
and enhancing our emergency communication capabilities.

I know that when we work together, big projects are possible, especially
when capitalizing on the diverse Southeastern amateur capability,
experience, spirit and numbers. This will help make ham radio the best
hobby and public service contributor it can be. I sincerely want to be
your ARRL Southeastern Director and I believe that together we can make
our Division the best of all 15 Divisions.

You ARE amateur radio. Your voice counts. Your vote counts.
I am asking for your personal endorsement, support and votes from your
clubs and groups.
Please call your friends in Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Puerto Rico,
and the U.S. Virgin Islands and ask them to vote for me,
Greg Sarratt, W4OZK, as ARRL Southeastern Division Director in October!

Remember, together we can have a major positive impact! I would
appreciate your vote and support in this all-important, sought-after
position.

Look for more Southeastern Division information coming up; through
flyers and on my web site, www.w4ozk.com.

Thank you,
Greg Sarratt, W4OZK
ARRL Alabama Section Manager