[SEDXC] Computer recycling

Jeff Carter sedxc at hidden-valley.com
Sat Dec 8 23:57:32 EST 2007

That is a good question.  At one point, this group:

http://www.ribbit.net/recycle-computers-faq.html

was advertising that they would not only scrap your computer, but would use
bits and pieces to make machines to give to schools and the poor.

In the fine print, I think they charge something like five bucks to take the
machine, though.

I use machines until there's nothing left, personally.  When a CRT dies, I
usually air the tube and discard as if it were a television set.  Any working
hard drives, etc. go into other machines.  When they fail, they are small
enough to throw in the kitchen garbage.

If there's a more responsible solution, and you find it, I wish you'd report
back to the group.  No one can say this is off-topic because it's a problem
we will all have, eventually.

Merry Christmas!
Jeff/KD4RBG