[SEDXC] Plaque and 100w/wire contest !

MAllphin at aol.com MAllphin at aol.com
Thu Dec 20 11:23:07 EST 2007

In a message dated 12/19/2007 18:09:52 Eastern Standard Time,
thompson at mindspring.com writes:

I did  get the plaque from Chaz and its great.  Thanks.  I really had  fun
with 100 watts and my Carolina Short 80.  Best parts was winning  the 12
meter plaque, working 100 entites, and working rare ones such as  VQ9LA, H40,
V73, and ZL7 on 40, ZD7 and 3C on 17, C5 and 5R8 on 15, 7Q7,  A61, BX5, JW,
H40 (Long Path they say HI), ST2, and ZL7 on 20 plus ZS6CCY  for plulling me
out on 75 SSB.  If you missed the contest you missed  FUN.

73 Dave K4JRB

Dave,
   I totally agree.  It was fun and frankly surprising how  well I could do
with 100w and a wire.  It brought back the thrill that only  comes from making
the contact when you are not sure if you will get through or  not!  Many of us
have forgotten what it is like to have to work....to work  DX !  I must admit
it was odd getting all those 449 reports instead of 599  !  But that is
exactly the point...you can work em with minimal power and  antennas.
   Maybe next year we will do it again, with a twist or  two!
Merry Christmas,
Bob
K4UEE