[SEDXC] [Fwd: [SECC] Fw: [Fwd: ST. BARTHS. OPERATION ..]]

James Streible k4dli at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 23 16:58:07 EST 2007

FROM THE SECC REFLECTOR:
Also saw something along this same line from a 50 MHz reflector.

Jim  K4DLI

    QSP de W2AY

       Would  like to  inform  you that the present  operation  from
    St. Barths  may be  invalid.

       For  several  reason ...

       1.  They  used a private  boat  from  St. Marteen to  St. barths

        2.  The  local  French  police ( Gendarme)  are  presently
    investigating..
              Local  immigration does  NOT  show  any  recent  arrivals
    from  Finland

             (  Possibly  the 2  ops  proceeded to  look   for a place
    to  operate  after getting off the private boat. )

         3. OH2AM  is a club callsign,  not a personal  callsign .   It
    cannot  be used outside the cept.
                 (only  personal  callsign  can be used outside the  cept. )

          4.  If  after today's  visit  by  the  Gendarmes  they  do
    approve,  Will all the   Q's  until  now  be  void ??

          5.  Will all qso be  void  since  they  were using a club
    callsign ..

          6.  I  asked  Martti ( on the air)  what is the operating
    location ..  he  put  me off &  said  he will e-mail me,
                       still waiting  after 3  days ....

                       alot  to  think  about &  verify  .....

                  The  hams  of  St. Barths  are upset that  outsider
    just  moved in &  started operating   and  taken the
                    celebration  away  from  them  to  put  the
    initial  "FJ"  on the  air.
                   Keeping in  mind  that  the president of  the St.
    Barths  Assn.(  FJ5DX) had been dealng  with  ARRL

           Presently  FJ5KH   is  on the air  qith  qsl  via  FJ5DX ..