[SEDXC] SEDXC 50th anniversary

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Tue Jan 2 20:31:24 EST 2007

Carl,

Anything FOLLOWING the call (e.g., /50, /m, /p, etc.) is known to the
FCC as a "self-assigned identifier" and other than /W#, they don't
care what we do.  The US/Canada reciprocal agreement requires any
Canadian operating in the US to sign "homecall/W#" but other than that
US amateurs are free to do what they want with self-assigned identifiers
(witness some of the lighthouse and boat operations).

A special award for working "n" club members signing /50  during a
set period of time would make some good sense.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV