[SEDXC] VU7RG

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 17 12:50:06 EST 2007

I finally had the time to look for VU7RG on Tuesday the 16th.  Got him on
the second call on 18150 for #352 on 17.  I then went to look for the YL op
on 20 but she was covered up by a stateside ragchew so I worked the station
on 14211 easily with 90 watts.  This with my antennas still at roof top.  My
first contact with VU7 was in early 1960 with Raju VU2NR as VU2NRA.

The YL on 14238 was S5 at times but she called CQ in my face altho a HB9
told her a W4 was calling.  The VU7MY on 14265 was ESP at best.  A station
showed on 40 SSB
on 7080 nad was working South Florida and the NE at 2130Z but this is 1.5
hours before sunset.  At sunset the station was still there but still just
ESP and was now working only Europe.  For the second night the station on CW
was 559 to 579 but SSB was ESP.

The YL op was up on 14245 again this morning at 1200Z I waiting around for
the band to open and at 1430 it opened but very poorly.  She was S3 to 4 and
listening up.  LA5HE reported she was QRMed by a W4.  I called her twice as
she was listening simplex at that time and the net
descended on me and the VU7.  They claimed they operated on 14245 for years
and the VU7 should move.  Of all the gall.  She persisted and was working
Europe
thru the net.  One GI3 in the net said he could not hear because of the
stations calling her.

This Dx net was started by the late W7PHO who was a big time Dxer.  Bill
would have been ashamed today!

73 Dave K4JRB