[SEDXC] SEDXC 50th Anniversary and GQP

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jun 14 16:48:23 EDT 2007

Hello all:  I will be unable to attend the SEDXC meeting on Sept 20 due
to church officer training at my church in Columbus.

I'd hope that the discussion of celebrating the 50th anniversary might
include support by the SEDXC of the Ga QSO Party next April.

If SEDXC decides to award a certificate for working members during the
golden anniversary year, maybe SEDXC members could sign /50 during GQP
and anyone working a certain number of them (or maybe making a certain
number of QSOs with SEDXC members signing /50 during the GQP) would
receive a certificate.

PVRC is awarding a certificate for working their members (big membership
list, because, once a member, always a member) this year during their
60th anniversary year.   They may, but are not required to, sign /60.  I
got my certificate for working 60 PVRC members this year this month and
it came by e-mail.  To the extent that certficates are sent by e-mail, I
guess there is absolutely no expense, but I don't know how to do that
technologically.  I have received a number of certificates that way, so
it can be done easily I suppose.  Howie, N4AF, does it for PVRC.  But,
if you don't have a color printer, the certificates don't make good
wallpaper.  PVRC gives you an option and they will mail their
certificate to you.

Anyway, hope this suggestion will be considered when the subject comes
up at the SEDXC meeting next week.  73, John, K4BAI.