[SEDXC] 2007 GQP

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sun Mar 4 15:40:38 EST 2007

GQP 2007
April 14th and 15th

As Mike/NE4S says:
"Greetings,
It is March 6th, time to start thinking about our Georgia QSO
Party for 2007 on April 14 and 15.

Tommy Alderman is the plaque wrangler, and will be soliciting
your support again for sponsorship of these awards.  Please
consider sponsoring one of the plaques that is not now
covered."

I think the success of last years GQP would be hard to beat, but Mike has
been working on doing just that for GQP 2007. A part of last years success
was Mike's ability to get the complete contest scored and the results
published within two weeks after the score submittal deadline. Also a large
part of last years success was my ability to get 2006 GQP plaques made and
shipped to all category winners within two weeks after the final scores were
posted.

My ability to do that was totally due to the many plaque sponsors who
volunteered to finance a plaque, and in some cases, two and even three
plaques. And what made that additionally easy was the fact that when plaque
shipment was ready, all funding was collected and complete. An outstanding
accomplishment from the SECC and SEDXC membership.

In 2006 GQP, we had 36 different categories and we had 26 categories
sponsored for plaques. For 2007 GQP we are shooting for plaques to be
offered for all 36 categories. So if you have not sponsored a plaque yet,
please consider how much joy and happiness your $40 plaque sponsorship will
bring to the winner. Your name and call sign will be printed on each plaque
you sponsor and your plaque will eventually be hanging on the wall in
someone's shack!

Last years sponsor's will have first choice on the plaque(s) they sponsored
last year. This coming week I will post a plaque sponsorship list and ask
for confirmation that each would like to again, volunteer to sponsor a
plaque for the 2007 GQP.

Tom - W4BQF