[SEDXC] Fwd: [dx-list] BS7H Propagation

Don Nesbitt drnesbitt at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:52:27 EST 2007

Using W6EL Prop with SI of 76 and K index of 1 (sort of what we have been
having lately) shows the following SHORT path predictions centered on
Atlanta:

1.  30 +/- db SNR on 40 meters between roughly 1000Z and 1200Z (peaking at
1100Z)

2.  30 meters between 1200Z and 1300Z

3.  20 meters the best prediction is between 1330Z and 1530Z.

4.  Both LONG and SHORT paths show about 20 db SNR between 2200Z and 0000Z
on 20 meters.  Those of you with SteppIR's can check that out quickly!

5.  Both short and long paths are indicated as Polar and if you do a great
circle from Atlanta to BS7 you will find it pretty much goes directly
through Japan!  Discipline will be the order of the day!

Prayers to the solar deities may be in order.  This should be lots of fun
:-)  73 es gud dxing --Don N4HH

BTW:  If you don't have W6EL Prop, you can download it for free at:
http://www.qsl.net/w6elprop/

I have found it to be quite an accurate predictor and managed to work KH8SI
(Swain's Island) almost exactly on the prediction. Hal worked Spratly on the
last night at just about the time W6EL predicted the opening to be both long
and short path.  Of course, YMMV !