[SEDXC] Notebook computer - next raffle

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Sat Mar 31 15:30:05 EST 2007

Just thought I would mention (hype?) the fact that I'll be putting a
functioning Dell notebook computer into the raffle this month.

No, its not a 4 GHz Vista machine.

Its an 11 year old original Pentium-120, with WIN-95 OS, two good batteries,
carrying case, etc.  Microsoft office is loaded on it and works fine.  The
real downside to this vintage hardware is:  No disc drive - floppies only,
no built in sound board (PCMCA boards can be had for $5) and the PCMCA board
that was supplying ethernet connectivity to the WWW needs to be replaced
(available on eBay and by the barrel full at Dayton for $5).

Good for running DOS logging programs, basic computing including word
processing (printer port works fine), or throw out the machine and keep the
nice case and batteries for a project!

73
Hal
N4GG