[SEDXC] [SECC] BS7H - If you hear them (at any time)... CALL ME

John Harden, D.M.D. jhdmd at bellsouth.net
Fri May 4 12:03:36 EDT 2007

With the poor propagation it takes a big antenna, plenty of power & a lot of
persistence. It's really pot luck to get through with the wide frequency
spread!! The worst problem is not the operators who forget the correct VFO
but the cops on the frequency... They were bad news...

I was on every morning on 20 this week and barely squeaked out with an SSB
and a CW contact. James was moving so fast using partial calls that it was
hard to get a real confirmation before he moved on...

I heard them well on 20 & 40. Even with a full size Telrex on 40 at 110
feet, and a 5 el Telrex 20 at 95 feet it was struggle....

With this operation, given a big signal, it was a matter of probability
relative to getting through. Maybe the pile-up will diminish this weekend
so a lot more people will get through.

73,

John, W4NU