[SEDXC] The October "100w and a wire" contest is off and running!

MAllphin at aol.com MAllphin at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 17:18:27 EDT 2007

SEDXC members,
    The October contest is underway.  If you need  details and how it all
works, please check the SEDXC web site. _www.sedxc.org_ (http://www.sedxc.org) .
     Just for fun....here's what I have done....I have  a wire antenna for
160m 80m and 30m already, so I needed to fashion something  for the other bands.
 I settled on a on a 3 dipole antenna with a common  feed point.  So, it
works on 40, 20, 17 and 15 meters ( by virtue of  the 40m dipole).  It is strung
between my tower and a pine tree in the  front yard, up about 55 feet I guess.
I am amazed at what can be worked  and I don't need to worry about rotating
the antenna Hi.......... If I hear it,  I hear it, if I don't hear it, I don't !
    Best DX so far...3B8 on 40m cw and 9U0A on 17m cw  !
Lot's of fun and a great challenge...I hope everyone will join in!
73, Bob
K4UEE