[SEDXC] [SECC] ARRL Election

Jeff Carter sedxc at hidden-valley.com
Sat Oct 6 01:54:35 EDT 2007

Yeah, let's remember that nothing in the world is more important than who wins
the ARRL election.  Why, the entire nation is sitting on pins and needles.
By all means, let's abandon our sense of perspective and start being asses to
one another over it, because after all doing so *is* currently the American
Way and nothing is more American than Ham Radio.  Except, of course, when
it's not.  I think that is what DXCC is all about, there are other countries
or something like that.  Or so I've heard.  Not like I can hear them with
current band conditions or anything.  I'm taking everybody's word for it,
because Hams are gentlemen and wouldn't lie about a thing like that, except
on 14.275 MHz which was apparently allocated by IARU for such things.

Anyway, I took an informal straw poll, asking ten people at random who was
going to win the ARRL election.  The response was unanimous: All ten people
responded, "What the hell is an ARRL?"

Jeff
KD4RBG
Longtime member that never, ever votes in these things due to an abundance of
apathy with a just a twist of cynicism (for all I know, Charleton Heston is
running and I for one would welcome him, he almost made the NRA interesting.
Almost.  Just to be safe, though, I think if he wins that he should agree to
spare us the QST victory centerfold.  I think I speak for all of us when I
say I don't need to see that.)