[SEDXC] SEDXC Meetings... (Not a replacement but another option)

Keith LaBorde (K4KAL) k4kal at arrl.net
Sun Oct 14 10:11:47 EDT 2007

Guys,

Many of you know I work for Gateway Computer which is located out in Irvine California.
We have manufacturing facilities in various locations in the US, China, and Mexico.
So we are very much a "Global Company" as others are these days.

I was working an issue from my "home office" (also Ham Shack) early this morning where there was about 15 of us on a Phone Conference Bridge.
The group was in multiple locations, and we were working on an application issue that was critical to our business.
Some attendees were on computers via IP phone, and others were via land line or cell phones.
Access to these type of Conference Bridge's are usually by a 800 number, or a Direct Dial LD number and you have a Code you key in from your phone to get access.

(Now that you have the idea...)
With that said...

Have we ever considered having a Conference Bridge setup for our SEDXC Meetings?
Our members could dial in, and listen or even participate.
If you want to get really tech savvy, you can also remote presentations that are being given at the meetings over the internet.
This could possibly fill the gap for those members who are outside of the Atlanta area, feeling ill one day, or just didn't feel like driving downtown to attend.

The minimum requirement for the meeting location would be a good quality speaker phone near the front of the room.

I just thought I would recommend this idea for some possible discussion.

How's everyone doing with the SEDXC Contest?
I am just a handful away from DXCC and I started on 10/3.

73,
Keith, K4KAL