[SEDXC] Hi Tech SEDX Club Meeting

Hugh Valentine hsvdds at juno.com
Sun Oct 14 12:21:51 EDT 2007

Response to the Phone Conference Bridge idea below...

Hey! How about this Idea?
1)Use your hobby.....Everyone  "Meet" on 80 SSB and
2)have a Simulcast on Amateur Television for those so inclined or so equipped, to double up and see each other and/or the speaker.

Call it "No Ham Left Behind".

Al Gore has probably already invented that concept, though, so you cannot claim the idea as a SEDX Club first.  It would, however, work in concert with his "Save the Planet" concept in that it would save a lot of Gasoline, Tire rubber, and Beer consumption which transpires at SEDX pre and post-meeting rituals.  Not to mention the hot air....er, ....guess that is a boo boo, sorry.

Hey! Just missing you guys and trying to lighten it up a bit.
But, I think the nets we used to have on 147.5 and HF was a great thing to keep the camradarie going. But we can always talk on radio or telephones...that warm handshake and eyeball QSO is therapeutic.

Good suggestion Keith. Nice Option. Especially for the shut-ins, or guys living long distances.

73,
Val, N4RJ

"Guys,

Many of you know I work for Gateway Computer which is located out in Irvine California.
We have manufacturing facilities in various locations in the US, China, and Mexico.
So we are very much a "Global Company" as others are these days.

I was working an issue from my "home office" (also Ham Shack) early this morning
where there was about 15 of us on a Phone Conference Bridge.
The group was in multiple locations, and we were working on an application issue that was
critical to our business.
Some attendees were on computers via IP phone, and others were via land line or cell
phones.
Access to these type of Conference Bridge's are usually by a 800 number, or a Direct Dial
LD number and you have a Code you key in from your phone to get access.

(Now that you have the idea...)
With that said...

Have we ever considered having a Conference Bridge setup for our SEDXC Meetings?
Our members could dial in, and listen or even participate.
If you want to get really tech savvy, you can also remote presentations that are being
given at the meetings over the internet.
This could possibly fill the gap for those members who are outside of the Atlanta area,
feeling ill one day, or just didn't feel like driving downtown to attend.

The minimum requirement for the meeting location would be a good quality speaker phone
near the front of the room.

I just thought I would recommend this idea for some possible discussion.

How's everyone doing with the SEDXC Contest?
I am just a handful away from DXCC and I started on 10/3.

73,
Keith, K4KAL"