[SEDXC] 147.585

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 29 21:12:40 EST 2007

 I thought 147. 5 to 147.595 was simplex.  We had a fight a dozen years ago
on the repeater with input
on 147.495 that made us move the SEDXC simplex
to 147.520.  The repeater on 147.495 was at first uncoordinated until the
ARRL advisory member met with the SEDXC and all of a sudden he got
coordinated.  A couple of our members almost fired shots over this mess.

I did see a post that there is a simplex net on 147.585 so hopefully all is
not lost.

The W2VU editorial in CQ strikes home this month with "Is anybody Home?".
Rich found just what I found several years ago on I-95 from Savannah to
Florida and around Atlanta that the majority of repeaters have LITTLE or no
traffic.

I think its time to look at existing repeaters and if Echolink et al (which
are using the frequencies) need repeaters then its time to take down or take
away unused existing repeaters and give them to
someone who will use them.

And please don't tell me SERA has everything under control.  That is like
the fox guarding the hen house!

Dave K4JRB