[SEDXC] Fw: Band opening to 3B7C on 75 SSB

Keith LaBorde (K4KAL) klaborde at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 22:53:09 EDT 2007

David,

I worked him at 23:24 on 09/15 on 3.795.0

He was barely readable at the time.
There was some other folks talking on his frequency at the time, I guess waiting for him to be stronger for them.
Just some quick chat, but there was space enough where I thought I heard him.
I printed out the graph for east coast from the 3b7c.com web site.
I found that to be very accurate from past Q's.

I kept calling anyway...  on split 3.799.0
I heard someone say KAL 5n9.  Gosh, I said I wonder if that was him.
Maybe it's someone playing around.
Has to be since I am calling on the split where the last contact that was spotted on the cluster said they worked him.
I went back and said same 5n9, and repeated my call a few times for the hell of it.
A few mins later, he was gone.
I logged it, but really didn't think it was a good contact.

Your email reminded me to check the online log, and to my surprise, I was in the log.
Very happy to work them on 3 bands so far.
What excites me is this contact on 40 and 80 will give me 5-Band DXCC for phone.

Just goes to show you...

Keith, K4KAL