[SEDXC] VP6DX and Money

k4hb k4hb at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 08:03:25 EDT 2008

Also, Germany can no longer return return mail for $2. So by sending $, it would cost you a total of $3.90 if you sent greenstamps and no donation. The very least anyone could have spent would have been to send an IRC, which is $2 at the post office. A minimum $5 transaction online got an instant LoTW confirmation for many. For anyone planning to contribute anyway, this is the way to go. And the cost of US postage to Germany is eliminated. But you do have a choice and don't have to contribute to receive a card, it only takes longer. My guess is they will upload everyone to LoTW later on.

K4WX <k4wx at mindspring.com> wrote:
  Hi David,

It was pretty straight forward for me. $5 (minimum) donation via paypal for the
online QSL request form.

Or $3 (or an IRC) and a Self Addressed Envelope for snail mail.

I did the online request and gave them a small donation. My LOTW credits showed up
less than a week later.

73, Barry - K4WX
The following was cut and pasted from the VP5DX website:

Direct QSL:
a.. Non EU stations: send a SAE (Self Addressed Envelope) plus 3 US$ or 2 Euro or 1
valid IRC
a.. (Note: the exchange rate from the US$ to Euro is so low that we cannot cover
return postage with only 2 US$)

Online QSL Request:
If you choose the DIRECT option, you will be asked for a minimum donation of USD 5,-
(EUR 3,-).

This saves you time and reduces the QSL bureau workload. If you want to use this
request please keep in mind:

a.. Enter your QSL request (for all your QSOs with VP6DX) only once
b.. Do not send any further cards via the bureau then! This means extra,
unnecessary work for us.

73, Hal K4HB
http://www.k4hb.com
http://www.Hi-TechRedneck.com