[SEDXC] DC circuit help

Frank T Brady franktbrady at comcast.net
Fri Feb 8 12:38:56 EST 2008

I should know this, but I just don't.
I have a K1 keyer that outputs monitor audio of the CW to a small 2"
speaker.
I want to feed disconnect the speaker and route the audio to the mic or
line inputs of my PCs sound card.
This is to improve the S/N so cw decoder software makes less errors.
The reason I'm doing this is so my home brew logging program can 'read'
my side of qsos and enter it into the comments section.
If I keep the input gain way down, will the sound card be ok with
handling the output of a speaker circuit or do I have to kludge up an
attenuator circuit?
73 and thanks in advance
Frank w0ecs