[SEDXC] VP6DX On-Line Log

Don Nesbitt n4hh at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 12:27:43 EST 2008

Dick - None of my CW Q's show as well as a couple of
SSB Q's.  They've admitted some problems with the
on-line log so things may straighten out eventually.
On my personal 80 thru 10 meter "score card" the only
blank slots are 80 cw, 20 phone and 10 cw and phone!

Frankly, I've been amazed at how easy they have been
to hear and work on my wire with my noisy
Virginia-Highland location!  Several Q's have been on
the first call, particularly the one on 80 SSB using a
ladder-line fed 40 meter dipole!  I was running about
500 watts for that one but most have been barefoot at
100watts.  Go figure!  I'm guessing that if I actually
needed them things would be very different!  Of
course, I do have the advantage of working K3 to K3
and that must be providing lots of Mojo!

I like the sound of their K3's on CW - sounds like a
nicely rounded leading edge and their SSB audio is
excellent.  IMO their operators are first class.
Amazing what good equipment, KW amps and excellent
antennas on their end will do for propagation!

The "good days" must surely be just around the corner!
'73 -- Don