[SEDXC] Tyvek envelopes for QSLing
al at nn4zz.com
Thu Feb 21 07:07:06 EST 2008
Thanks to Bill for a good program on QSLing last nite. On the topic of envelopes I was asked to put a note on the reflector about the tyvek envelopes I use. I've been using tyvek envelopes for direct QSLs for the last 5 years or so. I found a source for a pair that nest easily without folding the inner envelope. The 6 x 9 size is common but it was harder to find the 5 1/2 X 7 1/2 that nests. The price quote below is from a few years ago.
Why use tyvek?
- hard to rip apart (and pull out the $$$)
- self seal works well (not like the typical paper envelope self seals) and can't be pulled back open
- strong and light so you can add a patch, etc without going over an ounce.
- come in plain or decorated (i.e. air mail stripes)
- more expensive than paper
- harder to find in small quantities
Here are the ones I use....
Tyvek sub 14 plain envelopes, self seal
size: 5 1/2 X 7 1/2
quantity 500 $114.50
Tyvek plain envelopes, self seal
size: 6 X 9
quantity 500 $77.00
Here is the web site and contact info.....
PO Box 146410
1924 N. Sedgwick St.
Chicago, IL 60614-6410
Phone: (312) 335-0300
Fax: (312) 335-0301
E-mail: capenv at aol.com
If you goolge "tyvek" you will find a lot of new sources since I last ordered 2 years ago.
More information about the SEDXC