[SEDXC] DX101 / DX102 at GARS Techfest report!

MAllphin at aol.com MAllphin at aol.com
Mon Jan 14 14:33:55 EST 2008

SEDXC members....
Here's a report  from Bob, W2WG who heads up our DXPros effort.  Apparently,
our  program at the GARS TechFest was a big hit !  Congratulations to all who
made this happen!
Don't forget the  January SEDXC meeting this Wednesday Night!
73, Bob
K4UEE
The DX101/102 was a  sellout.  Wes and Jim filled the room, and quite a few
others crammed into  the entry doors and stayed there for the whole time.  The
level of both  talks was just right for the audience. We had a crew of SEDXC
members who helped  field questions on a variety of subjects.  Chaz got lots of
pictures.   W5LE had the booth in the main hall running like a Rolex.  After
the talks  were over and I drifted back to the main GARS room, quite a few
people came up  to me to express appreciation for the sessions and to ask more
questions.   I suspect we are going to get quite a few questions via the web
interface. I am  convinced combining this with a wider gathering of hams and
techies resulted in  higher attendance we would have gotten at a standalone event
and that we should  think about running sessions at some of the big local
hamfests later this spring  and summer.
So, we owe a big bravo  to Wes and Jim and to Gene.  They made it happen.  By
the way, Susan  S. was amazed and happy with the DX101/102 turnout as were
the GARS Techfest  workers.
Thanks,  Gene, Wes and Jim, for a super job!
73,  Bob  W2WG