[SEDXC] HamCap errors

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Tue Jan 15 19:59:58 EST 2008

For anyone using the DxAtlas/Ionprobe/Hamcap suite for propagation
prediction (if your not, I sure recommend it) you may have noticed some
rather optimistic propagation maps since the first of the year.

I found HamCap today setting itself to 2003, and I could not reset it
any later than 2007.  It turns out there is an update sunspot number zip
file on the download page which must be downloaded and installed to
support 2008 and forward.  Even though HamCap looks to IonProbe for
actually SSNs, it checks the default SSN data as if you didn't have
IonProbe (some folks may not - it costs $20 - HamCap if free) and
substitutes them if it can't find a valid date.

Check the date in HamCap - if its not 2008, you need to do a download.

73

Hal

N4GG