[SEDXC] SEDXC INFO

k4pi k4pi at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 26 20:46:24 EST 2008

I see a lot of rejections by the automatic program that runs the reflector
each day from people trying to post information to the reflector.  Many of
these are spammers but some are legitment members.  Here are some things
that might help clear up some problems.

1.    SEDXC membership has no bearing on whether you can send or receive the
reflector.  You must join the reflector following the instructions on the
club website at www.sedxc.org .  Anyone can join club member or not.

2.    You must send any post to the reflector from the address you
registered with the reflector when you joined.  Many people try to send from
their work addresses and it doesn't work unless you have them registered
also.  You can register under several addresses if you find it necessary.

3.    Some people use their ARRL address when they join.  That will allow
you to receive the reflector but you can't send anything to the reflector.
Any service that uses aliases with probaby not work with the reflector other
than receiving information from the reflector.

4.    Message size is limited to 50 K by the people who host our service and
they do this to keep from getting their system overloaded with large post.
They host several reflectors and we are their guest so I respect their
wishes.  If you have something large you want to share with the club use an
address to direct them to the information if it is on the web.

73 Mike K4PI