[SEDXC] 160 Bird Feeder Blew

Hugh Valentine hsvdds at juno.com
Mon Jan 28 07:18:20 EST 2008

Not really, just added some Special "Juice" to the feeder and put on new  Coax(LMR-400) which doesn't allow water intrusion and added a couple of Radials while the neighbors were out of town. Finally tracked down a serious noise problem which was bad(semi open) coax shield from TS 440 to linear.

Ts-440s(500HZ filter)----->Linear------>100' Coax---->8' Stainless wire running through a "Sometimes Wet" 2X12 bulkhead board---->4 Radials--->Up to a Birdfeeder loaded with seed to disguise the stainless to #14Black wire interface---->up another 30' of Black wire, vertical---->Pulley on a tree limb @40'----->about 70' Horizontal wire--->70degree bend over a 200 year old Live Oak limb up 30'(Arced to tree limb and burned off insulation, changing resonance 100Khz during test)----> Hank of Parachute cord tied to Oak.  Almost undetectable to a person with 80/20 Vision looking at the ground.

Using CT10

Results CQWW 160 CW:

400+ QSOs , 50 countries and 50 US States/VE.
161,000 points

Primarily operated at each Sunset for a couple of hours, Around European Sunrise and our sunrise.  Managed Sleep from 1:00 until about 6:00.
Worked several other SEDXC "Hamoholics", but didn't hear enough on.  Where was everyone?

I thought I was a "Cured Ham".  K4Pi and N4NX must have injected me with the VIRUS when I came to Atlanta...
73, Val
N4RJ