[SEDXC] 1959

John Harden, D.M.D. jhdmd at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 28 16:05:53 EDT 2008

I was on with a General Class license in July of 1959 at age 15. The
propagation was awesome!!! By 1960 I had a Viking Valiant into a Horner
tribander and I could work about anything I could hear with a National
NC-57B receiver. That was by far the best cycle I have ever heard.

10 meters was open all night at the cycle peak. 6 meter AM on 50.1 was
awesome. We may never see a cycle like that in our lifetime.

Today’s propagation is the worst I have experienced. Even with stacked
monobanders on 80 – 10 meters I struggle for respectable contacts. It was
like this in the mid-50’s before the big cycle hit!!

73,

John, W4NU

K4JAG 1959 - 1998

Checked by AVG.