[SEDXC] Sell Heil ProSet Quiet Phone HC-5 and Adapters $125

Don Nesbitt n4hh at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 18:00:03 EDT 2008

Includes original box, instructions, leatherette travel case, 1/8 inch to 1/14 inch stereo adapter AND adapter cables for BOTH Yaesu and Kenwood (sold for $20 each at HRO - a bit less at other places).  All in exceptional condition.

This package offered with both adapters ONLY to DUES PAYING members of the SEDXC (it pays to pay your dues!  In this case, save about $40!)  Total package to DUES PAYING SEDXC Member is $125.  If it goes outside the "family," it will be offered at $170 with the two adapter cables included.

Yes, I know that it appears that Heil is discontinuing this system but for some reason not the one with the IC element.  Go figure.  Scuttlebutt is that it will return with both the HC-4 and HC-5 in a switchable arrangement - scuttlebutt!

Yes, I know that under certain circumstances, you can experience RFI in the headphone with the quiet-phone feature turned on. Other comments welcome.

I bought this setup to use at TI50DX and it is now excess to my needs. You can see it in operation on Run #2 on our web coverage or by checking my photo out on QRZ.com.  BTW - the Members Only section of ARRL indicates that we DID WIN Multi-Multi :-)

Photos of the "package" at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/n4hh

All questions cheerfully answered.  404-218-3595 cellular - quickest and best way to get me.  '73 es gud dxing -- Don N4HH