[SEDXC] Great Effort by TI50DX

Hugh Valentine hsvdds at juno.com
Mon Mar 3 23:49:41 EST 2008

Congratulations to "OUR" DX-Pedition team who activated Costa Rica for the ARRL Phone contest..  They were everywhere and they were loud.  I worked them all bands 160-10.  10 was a little tough and I had to wait until they peaked.  I had to yell real loud into the Mike.
All contacts were made using a Single, single wire antenna no higher than 40'.  I did have to add some Sunflower seeds to the Birdfeeder to get a few extra DB for some contacts but they were very loud, expecially on 15M-...+40dB and nearly that on 40M.  160 was a treat to hear them at about 20dB and they responded quickly to first call.
Chaz has done a great job on the SEDXC website; the pictures show everyone must have had a fine time.    We were proud of your effort and skills.  Thanks for a nice operation.  A tribute to 50 years of the Southeastern DX Club.  Great memories.
73,
Val N4RJ