[SEDXC] 23 Days until the Georgia QSO Party

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 20 09:49:05 EDT 2008

   The 2008 Georgia QSO Party is only 4 weekends away. The GQP team is working hard to get GA stations to get on the air. We will have our usual contingent of rover and mobile operations. We also
have commitments from many fixed stations to activate their county. You might not realize that
Georgia has the 2nd most counties in the USA at 159 counties. Last year's out of state
 winner Jerry, K5YAA, worked all the counties except for 13 of them.

  If you are within driving distance of GA and like mobile contesting consider making a trip to GA.
My mobile partner K4BAI and I consistantly have made around 2K QSO's in the last several years in our mobile operation. The pileups are the next best thing to going on a Dxpedition without leaving the country.

 We also have a great plaque program and will be running our bonus prize competition that we implemeted last year for the stations that work the most GA counties. We also have added 160 and 6 meters and will allow RTTY contacts. Checkout gqp.contesting.com for all the details.

Jeff KU8E