[SEDXC] Wind damage

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed May 21 11:06:31 EDT 2008

The reflector on my KT-34XA has a slight bend in the element on one side
just past the center.  The element is turned down slightly from level.  I
also notice that the back driven element is up slightly from level with the
boom.  Everything still works tho.

About 6:25PM last night it got very dark here and within a couple of minutes
my wind indicator at 40 feet hit 85 MPH then just stopped working.  The
trees almost bent sideways to the ground but so far no damage to the wire
antennas.  A few small branches are on the ground.  We had heavy rain and
hail (twice between 6:25 and 7PM) and the lightening
was popping at several strikes per minute.  The power went off briefly
twice.  I had the rig and antennas secured to ground and UPS (thanks Gary)
on both the shack and household PC.  The son had to reboot the router but
that was it.  Could have been a lost worse.  The storm blew through fast so
by 10 of 7 it was calm.

Hope everyone else made out OK.

73 Dave K4JRB