[SEDXC] GQP.... WinGQP is available for Beta testing...

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 18:00:00 EST 2008

GQP is many months away, April 11 and 12.

So now is a good time to get WinGQP logger out for testing and feedback.

The Beta version is very early, but all the better for folks to help out.

The intent is to offer a logger that reads and makes Cab3 files directly.
- uses WinKey for CW (not yet implemented)
- installs in C:\
- uses QSO keyboard entry methods that are familiar.
- is simple, and for GQP only
- scores GQP accurately (also TBD... but I know how to to scores.)
- Radio controls are not planned, but could be added later.
- Makes a Cabrillo file that can be submitted directly, error free.
- is FREE
- is a Windows compliment to Chaz's DOS GQPLog logger

Much (actually "some") of WinGQP is working... according to me...
But I could be wrong... help is welcome...

Info and a download zip are available on:

http://www.qsoparty.org/index.html

I have downloaded WinGQP.zip and installed it here, and it worked... (Vista Home Prem 32bit)
YMMV and that is why Beta's are done... hi.

Think GQP 2009... 73
Mike,
NE4S

PS: Get on the air, make some Q's... send your SECC/SEDXC logs in!

 Please use ne4s at iham.us or mike1230 at mcnet.us as my address.
GQP, the fastest growing QSO party, is on  4/11+12 2009.
See gqp.contesting.com  !
Be well