[SEDXC] Program FIRST at next Wednesday's SEDXC meeting

Robert Carroll w2wg at comcast.net
Fri Oct 10 21:42:30 EDT 2008

This coming Wednesday, the SEDXC meeting will feature John Stanley, K4ERO,
doing a very special program on Spectrum Analysis techniques using your PC.
The details are under the October program on the SEDXC website
(www.sedxc.org).  This program is aimed at showing YOU how to do ham band
spectrum analysis in YOUR shack with your computer.  Be sure to check out
the description at the website.

We are going to do things a little differently at this meeting.  John will
be coming a very long distance and will have a long drive back.  This is
also the night of the last presidential debate, and some of you may want to
leave early enough to hear the debate.  To help out on both counts, this
time we are going to start promptly at 7:30 and get John to the lectern very
quickly. John will end his presentation by letting groups of us go to the
five PC's he will have set up running some of the software he will describe
and demonstrate. IF YOU BRING A USB THUMB DRIVE (aka memory stick) or a
portable PC you will be able to go away with copies of the files John will
be using.

After completion of the program we will conduct  a very short business
meeting.  Those of you who need to get back for the debate could miss the
business meeting, and John can get on the road a little earlier than
otherwise.

CU at the meeting!

73

Bob W2WG