[SEDXC] Special Program at SEDXC Next Wednesday

Robert Carroll w2wg at comcast.net
Sat Apr 11 12:58:13 PDT 2009

In case it has slipped your mind, our upcoming program is a very special
one:

Program:  The K5D Desecheo Story

Presented by:
Bob Allphin, K4UEE

Bob and the K5D team will give us the play-by-play story of Descheo,
starting several years ago with the delicate negotiations to get official
permission for a DXPedition to the island.  We'll hear about the planning,
equipment preparation, antennas, and the actual operation.  There will
likely not be another DXPedition to Desecheo for many years, and part of the
plans was to complete so many qso's as to drive Desecheo from #6 to a very
low position on the most wanted list.  You may also get an idea of what
might happen next.

I expect we will fill the meeting room, so get there early-and bring a
friend.  This is your chance to hear the K5D story before the crowds at
Visalia and elsewhere.

For our guests, the meeting starts at 7:30 PM in the Fuqua Heart Center of
Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta.  Details on how to reach the meeting site and
to join us for a pre-meeting dinner are given by links near the bottom of
the opening page at www.sedxc.org <http://www.sedxc.org/>

Visitors are welcome.

73

Bob W2WG