[SEDXC] A note from the Sable Islnad DXpeditioners !

MAllphin at aol.com MAllphin at aol.com
Wed Apr 15 05:52:32 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,
   You may recall that at the last meeting , we  voted support for the
upcoming DXpedition to Sable Island.  Here's a note  from one of the
participants.
    See you tonight at the April  meeting!
73, Bob
K4UEE

Greetings  all…….just a bit of an update
I hope all is  going well for you.
Things for us  are fine and the CY0 Dxpedition planning continues to  come
together very nicely.  We have  adjusted the date slightly;  it is now Oct
19 – 26.   This adjustment became necessary  as part of the coordination for
transportation to Sable.  We had other choices, but this one keeps  us close
to the original AND also, we can become a multiplier for those  interested
by participating in the CQ SSB WW.  Even though, we will participate on a
limited basis, we will simultaneously keep the DXPEDITION running on CW.  We
think being somewhat available for  the contest will add interest on
different levels and good for our  hobby.
We’ve have  additional sponsors added…….so the interest seems to be
significant for  CY0.  Our website is getting quiet  good traffic.  If you get
time, take  a look at the page – CY0 Stations --   that’ll give you an idea of
our setup.
The other  neat thing that is going on:  April  29 for a couple days…
.WA4DAN and AA4VK are going to one of the IOTA islands off  the NC coast and
simulate the setup for CY0……testing antennas and layouts,  various matters and
in a similar environment ( island, sand, sea ).  This will help us make a few
decisions  to optimize the setup for CY0.
Please feel  free to share this with the SEDXC members and again, thank you
so very much for  the support.
At any time,  any questions or information you are interested in will
gladly be  furnished.
All the  best,
Randy Rowe .. N0TG

**************Great deals on Dell’s most popular laptops – Starting at